LRSH at P.S. 41

The Little Red School House at P.S. 41 on Greenwich Avenue in the heart of the Village opened in February of 1929 with 4 classes: two kindergartens and two first grades, numbering 90 children. Elisabeth Irwin felt the circumstances were much more auspicious for the fair tryout of her ideas and their ultimate success as a blueprint for educational reform.